Thursday, October 22, 2009

Holiday Dress '09 -- Revised!!

So...there's been a change of plans! Turns out, I'm also making a holiday party dress for one of my co-workers who coincidentally wants the same color scheme and similiar dress style as I've previously blogged about. Good taste is good taste, right?? Formal dresses need to be unique, so to make sure that we are both stand out, I've decided to tweak the style & colors of my dress. My co-worker will stick with the Hanukah theme, and I will use the good ole' Christmas tree as inspiration! Don't laugh. I'm thinking green (obviously) and gold (to symbolize gold ornaments - time out: I just used the word "symbolize" to describe my dress. I didn't know sewing was so deep!)
Here are the shades I would like to use:
Olive Green

Gold

For style, my new inspiration will be the following dresses:

I still like the bottom portion of this dress.



I like the top portion of this dress - mainly the lace. The chiffon is gorgeous (the see-through material), but in my opinion gives the dress a more "Springy" feel, so I will more than likely use an opaque material. I also like the 3 rings of lace but will do without it for this dress. The body of my holiday will be green and the lace appliques will be gold. Not sure what color the band will be. Decisions, decisions!!

I will use the same patterns as the base design of my dress:

Top - will more than likely use spaghetti straps.

Bottom - that's the green I want...how about that??

Let's see how many times I change my mind between now and when I buy the material!!












No comments:

Post a Comment