Monday, October 12, 2009

2009 Holiday Dress

It's that time of year again...time to get started on my holiday dress for my company's holiday party. All of the men are required to wear tuxedos, so it's natural for all of the ladies to dress up as well.
Color: I've decided to go with a deep blue
Fabric: Something lightweight that will fall nicely against my body - I will more than likely go with taffeta, since their colors tend to be more vibrant
Accents: I'm thinking this year's dress should sport some kind of silver trimming
Design of dress: I would like this dress to be long (covering my shoes), spaghetti-strapped, and possibly backless.
Here are a few dresses that caught my attention online:
I like the bottom of this dress, although I originally envisioned something a little more A-line. I also like the band around the waistline - I would more than likely sub the bow out for something a little less adorable! lol
I would like my back to be exposed. Not sure if the straps should criss-cross in the back or not.
Again, wasn't looking to complicate the bottom of the dress, but this tapered look keeps drawing my attention.
I like the V-neck top on the right (and the silver trim). I would bring the V-neck up a bit, since this is for a company function.
I like the top portion and the "band" that connects the top to the bottom.
Will definitely have to keep looking...


No comments:

Post a Comment