Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween: School Girl Costume!

I am thrilled to make a naughty school girl costume for one of my clients! (Don't worry...she's happily married)!! Here are my reference pics:
I took a trip to the fabric store this past weekend and was able to find this business pattern:

Don't laugh! :) I chose this pattern to cut costs; it will keep me from having to buy separate vest and skirt patterns. The plan is to make a "sleeveless" jacket. The skirt will, of course, be shortened. The vest will be made out of black twill fabric - I'm thinking black buttons. For the skirt, we decided to go with the pink swatch (below):

The amount of leftover material will determine whether I make a short, girly tie or a scarf. I love making costumes - you get to be so creative! Stay posted to see how this project turns out (I'm working on a 1.5 week time frame)!




2 comments:

  1. Uh-oh now Marlon wants you to make me one for our anniversary trip in Mexico to spice it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete